Thursday, December 4, 2008

"12 FOOT " TREE is TRIMMED !!!!! (and I still love my husband) :)

Ok! Wow, I'm not sure what it is with husbands and Christmas trees, but I've kinda done a study at work and with friends and I really think that we women just give husbands two jobs when it comes to " Decking the Halls ". ( put tree up and outside lights ) I'm pretty sure that is where the SCROOGE and Christmas got put into the SAME holiday lingo!!! Savannah ALWAYS puts the star on the tree. But now that we have a 12 foot tree she gets a little assistants!!!!
We LOVE our Tree even though we have to move furniture to make space for it!!!! Yeah for Christmas Decorations!!!!! This is totally my Mom's doing. She always made Christmas so special and FUN!!! I am my Mothers daughter and PROUD of it!!!!!!!

Kind of a funny thing. We had Lane on the ladder and when he started to play Scrooge, Savannah and I started throwing ornaments up high, where we couldn't reach. AND THEY STUCK!!!! WHERE WE WANTED THEM TO!!!!!

We have a tradition, READ CHRISTMAS books every night! Ban organizing books!!! Her mothers Daughter! ( little scary) but so cute Santa hat and All!!!



Lane is so totally saying," Why do I have to do this !!!!" He is wishing the train would DE-RAIL!!!! I LOVE to DECORATE and make things Cute and Cozy!!! That is what the Holidays are all about!!!! Make MEMORIES for you children!!!!!!!!! (and force your husband to get in the Christmas spirit)

8 comments:

Ann said...

I love it. I'm just happy if Phil will get the darn boxes in the house. . . we have two trees. Then the kids and I do all the decorating. . . what is it with them:) Looks like a lot of fun. We haven't got our up yet. . . crazy!

Melanie Bingham said...

Amen on the husband thing! Lane is the Best!!!

Melanie Bingham said...

The tree is beautiful by the way!

Chad and Barbi's family said...

I think you take decorating to a whole other level than mom ever did, but it is very cute! The only reason Lane does it is because he loves you too! Love ya!
Barbi

The Miles said...

Steph...way fun tree. That is awesome it is so tall. I'm like you...I love the holidays and love all the decorating...its a definite case of DECK THE HALLS!!! Looks Great!!!

Jeromy & Hollie Sampson said...

Thanks Steph,

I'm see if this works, I think we need to get with the rest of the family and get Mom & Dad a laptop. So if they go again over seas. You can teach Mom to Biog. Hope this works, thanks again

Jeromy & Hollie Sampson said...

I'm hearing Mom and Dad are coming home next Tuesday, hopefully. Do you know what everybody is doing for christmas for Mom & Dad. Maybe Troy can get a cheap laptop for them. I would going in on something like that, and if we all put money towards it weren't be that bad

Sam said...

I can't belive that the tree is to tall and that Savannha didn't fall off the ladder putting the star on!!!!!
-Sammy