Thursday, January 8, 2009

MOM in WYOMING!!! With ME!!!!

Me and Mom in Wyoming!!!! I have so LOVED having my mom come stay with me. I have had to work more than my normal 2 days a week to cover for people being gone, but it hasn't effected my household a bit. I come home to HAPPY daughter, clean house and Moms homemade dinners! It doesn't get better than that!
While Mom was in Singapore she took a brand new cross-stitch that I was suppose to get for my 40 birthday. Needless to say she finished with still another 2 months left, without another cross-stitch to start. I got my present 2 years early! ( that will be another post another time.) She has a new one now and is very happy about having time to work on it, She tells me all the time while she's working on it, " Isn't this so great and FUN!"
She has also been very busy catching up on 6 months worth of her cross-word and sudoku puzzles, that Jess saved for her from the newspaper! Go Mom!
She has been practicing her violin. WOW! It never ceases to amaze me how talented Mom is when she plays. It is so beautiful! Savannah hasn't heard her play very much so when she heard her she said that she wanted Grammy to play when her friend came over tomorrow! (cute)
My Mom mentioned that while she was staying she really wanted to exercise, SO we went to the GYM! ( in my basement) She is walking on the treadmill 1 hour every day, while Price is Right is on, of course! She tried the elliptical, a little much to start out. Than she finishes with a little weight lifting!!! Yeah Mom!!
She finishes her day with the best part! She is reading "Breaking Dawn"! I'm having the hardest time not telling her what is going to happen! I do give her a few hints every now and again!
I'm SURE that she and Savannah have played the WORLDS record amount of Skip-bo games!!! My mom hasn't been able to have a lot of one on one time with Savannah since we live in Wyoming and she is in Utah. Not to mention that when we do go to Utah usually all the cousins are there and those girl cousins CAN NOT be apart!!!

4 comments:

Melanie Bingham said...

Your mom is like the ideal grammy! While she is there, and if she has some free time can i put in a request for her ginger cookies! I can't make em. I've tried. I know they freeze and I get one free day a week. I'm thinking it sounds like a plan!

ps seen any deals on ellipticals lately?

Chad and Barbi's family said...

I think that next year for my birthday, I want mom to come and stay at my house! I am glad your having fun! Love Ya Lots!

Jeromy & Hollie Sampson said...

The parent chipped in 25 dollars each, and kids got to ride in their to Weber State. It was a fun time. I glad Mom having fun.

The Miles said...

What a treat to have your mom come and stay...Aren't Mom's GREAT!!! What would we do without them;)